Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Millville, NJ
Ductwork that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is crucial for optimal HVAC performance. But, despite the impact on comfort and efficiency, leaky ducts enable the escape of precious conditioned air. Substantial repercussions result from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Duct leaks create temperature inconsistencies, hot and cold spots, and drafts, giving your home a sense of stuffiness or chilliness, even with a properly operational HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts have the potential to draw in dust, pollen, and other contaminants from outdoors, putting the indoor air quality at risk and potentially leading to allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing provides an easy yet effective means of recognizing and measuring air leaks in your ductwork. An experienced technician uses a blower door and specialized equipment to create pressure within the duct system, gauging the amount of air that is leaking. CFM25 is used to express the test results, signifying the amount of cubic feet of air per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Millville, NJ
Excessive duct leakage may incur significant costs. In accordance with the NJ Residential Building Code, newly constructed homes are required to maintain a duct leakage rate of no more than 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going beyond this prescribed limit may cause:
- Failed inspections: Homes with excessive duct leakage might face obstacles passing final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Some areas in New Jersey have initiated the practice of levying fines on residences that surpass the duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Millville, NJ may encounter an average yearly energy waste cost ranging from $180 to $550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing presents a relatively economical solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. A meticulous duct leakage test in Millville, NJ is relatively affordable. Yet, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Addressing duct leaks promptly affords you the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Encounter uniform warmth in your entire home, saying farewell to drafts and hot areas.
- Bring Down energy bills: Achieve savings on utility bills by reducing your overall energy consumption.
- Improve indoor air quality: Enjoy improved air circulation, making it easier to breathe in your home.
- Elevate home value: The attractiveness of a residence increases when it passes the scrutiny of a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Millville, NJ homes. To ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak, we provide comprehensive duct leakage testing services. Moreover, our expertise includes offering guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions to minimize leaks, ensuring your comfort and maximizing savings.
Take action to prevent leaky ducts from undermining your comfort and energy efficiency.
Get in touch with Local Energy Audits today and coordinate your duct leakage evaluation. Breathe easily, cut costs, and savor a genuinely comfortable and energy-effective home.
Duct leakage testing begins by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be used to measure the duct leakage.