Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in North Brunswick, NJ
The intricate system of ducts that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is crucial for optimal HVAC performance. But, leaky ducts can result in the loss of precious conditioned air, affecting the comfort and efficiency of your home. Significant consequences are connected to this leakage:
- Discomfort: Temperature variations, along with temperature inconsistencies and drafts, result from leaky ducts, making your home feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, despite the HVAC system working as intended.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts compel your HVAC system to exert more effort in sustaining desired temperatures, resulting in elevated energy consumption and increased utility costs.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaks in the ducts can also result in the intake of contaminants from outdoors, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing provides a clear-cut yet efficient way to detect and measure air leaks in your ductwork. An experienced technician employs a blower door and specialized tools to create pressure within the duct system and measure the airflow escaping. Test outcomes are communicated as CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that leaks at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in North Brunswick, NJ
The expense associated with excessive duct leakage can be notable. As per the NJ Residential Building Code, newly constructed homes are required to maintain a duct leakage rate not exceeding 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going over this limit can result in:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage could face difficulties passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Certain areas in New Jersey have started implementing fines for residences that exceed the specified duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks might result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in North Brunswick, NJ.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing represents a relatively low-cost solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The cost of a precise duct leakage test in North Brunswick, NJ is on the lower side. Nonetheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and enhanced comfort far outweigh the initial investment.
Taking immediate action on duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Experience uniform temperatures in every corner of your home and bid farewell to drafts and heat inconsistencies.
- Bring Down energy bills: Bring down your energy usage and enjoy reduced utility expenses.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Inhale with greater comfort as the air circulating in your home becomes cleaner.
- Elevate home value: A home’s appeal to potential buyers is positively impacted when it passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the essential role of ductwork efficiency in homes situated in North Brunswick, NJ. Ensuring your home meets required standards and functions at its best, we provide comprehensive services for duct leakage testing. Additionally, we offer expert advice regarding duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to reduce leaks and enhance both your comfort and savings.
Take measures to prevent leaky ducts from jeopardizing your comfort and energy efficiency.
Get in touch with Local Energy Audits today to plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, reduce expenses, and experience a genuinely comfortable and energy-saving home.
Duct leakage testing begins by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. While depressurized, a nanometer can be utilized to assess the duct leakage.