Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Springfield, NJ
Efficient heating and cooling is linked to the effective operation of ductwork, which circulates conditioned air throughout your home. But, leaky ducts enable the loss of valuable conditioned air, impacting both the comfort and efficiency of your home. This leakage leads to noteworthy consequences:
- Discomfort: Ducts with leaks result in inconsistent temperatures, creating hot and cold spots and drafts, causing your home to feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, even with a properly working HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks can also pull in particles from the outside environment, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An uncomplicated yet potent method to uncover and assess air leaks in your ductwork is through duct leakage testing. A certified professional employs a blower door and specialized tools to pressurize the duct system and measure the airflow escaping. Test results are articulated as CFM25, indicating the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Springfield, NJ
Excessive duct leakage may result in considerable costs. In compliance with the NJ Residential Building Code, newly developed homes are obligated to maintain a duct leakage rate that does not exceed 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Surpassing this designated limit can lead to:
- Failed inspections: Houses exhibiting significant duct leakage may struggle passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and potentially demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific areas in New Jersey, fines are being imposed on homes that exceed the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Springfield, NJ may encounter an average yearly energy waste cost ranging from $180 to $550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The investment in duct leakage testing is relatively low compared to the potential costs of neglecting the problem. A comprehensive duct leakage test in Springfield, NJ comes with a modestly priced price tag. Yet, the long-term savings in energy costs and heightened comfort greatly exceed the initial investment.
Swiftly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Revel in steady temperatures across your living space, eliminating both drafts and hot spots.
- Reduce energy bills: Reduce your energy usage and cut down on the costs of your monthly utilities.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Enjoy improved respiratory comfort as cleaner air circulates throughout your home.
- Boost home value: A successful duct leakage test enhances the desirability of a home for potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
In Springfield, NJ residences, Local Energy Audits recognizes the importance of ductwork efficiency. Our services encompass comprehensive duct leakage testing, ensuring that your home adheres to required standards and functions optimally. Additionally, we offer expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and maximize both your comfort and savings.
Ensure that leaky ducts do not compromise your comfort and energy efficiency—take proactive steps.
Contact Local Energy Audits today and plan your duct leakage test. Enjoy easy breathing, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing starts by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
After sealing off the registers, connect the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be used to assess the duct leakage.