Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Upper Darby, PA
The vital network of duct pipes that circulates conditioned air throughout your home is important for maintaining optimal HVAC performance. But, the escape of conditioned air from leaky ducts can affect both the comfort and efficiency of your home. The effects of this leakage are substantial:
- Discomfort: Leaks in the ducts create uneven temperatures, hot and cold spots, and drafts, giving your home a sense of discomfort, even with a properly operational HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a surge in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: The presence of leaks in the ducts may result in the intake of particles from the outside environment, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially provoking allergies and respiratory issues.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An straightforward yet potent approach to discover and measure air leaks in your ductwork is through testing for duct leakage. A certified technician utilizes a blower door and specialized equipment to pressurize the ductwork and gauge the amount of air escaping. CFM25 is used to express the test results, signifying the amount of cubic feet of air per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Upper Darby, PA
The expense associated with excessive duct leakage can be substantial. As per the NJ Residential Building Code, newly constructed homes are required to maintain a duct leakage rate not exceeding 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this limit may cause:
- Failed inspections: Residences with significant duct leakage may struggle passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially necessitating costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain New Jersey municipalities, fines are being imposed on residences that exceed the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks might result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Upper Darby, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Opting for duct leakage testing is a relatively economical choice in comparison to the potential costs associated with overlooking the issue. The standard expense for a inclusive duct leakage test in Upper Darby, PA is relatively affordable. Nevertheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and enhanced comfort far surpass the initial investment.
Addressing duct leaks promptly affords you the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Maintain consistent temperatures in every room of your home, saying goodbye to drafts and heat irregularities.
- Bring Down energy bills: Decrease your energy usage to save money on your monthly utility bills.
- Improve indoor air quality: Inhale with ease as the air in your home is refreshed and cleaned.
- Increase home value: Prospective buyers are more inclined to consider homes that achieve success in a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we realize the vital role that efficient ductwork plays in Upper Darby, PA homes. We specialize in comprehensive duct leakage testing services to guarantee your home meets required standards and operates at its best. We also give expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, intending to minimize leaks while maximizing both your comfort and savings.
Take measures to prevent leaky ducts from jeopardizing your comfort and energy efficiency.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now and plan your duct leakage test. Breathe with ease, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing starts by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. During this process, a nanometer can be used to assess the duct leakage.