Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Audubon, NJ
The vital network of duct pipes that distributes conditioned air throughout your home is key for maintaining optimal HVAC performance. But, with leaky ducts, valuable conditioned air is allowed to escape, impacting the comfort and efficiency of your home. The effect of this leakage is remarkable:
- Discomfort: Leaky ducts cause temperature inconsistencies, variations, and drafts, giving your home a sensation of being either uncomfortably warm or cool, even with an operational HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts oblige your HVAC system to operate with increased intensity to sustain desired temperatures, causing a rise in energy consumption and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: The presence of leaks in the ducts may result in the intake of particles from the outside environment, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially provoking allergies and respiratory issues.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage offers a clear-cut yet effective means of identifying and quantifying air leaks in your ductwork. A certified technician uses a blower door and specialized tools to create pressure within the duct system, quantifying the volume of air leakage. Results from the test are communicated as CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that leaks at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Audubon, NJ
The financial consequences of excessive duct leakage can be substantial. As dictated by the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Surpassing this designated limit can lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage may face challenges passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and possibly demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific New Jersey municipalities, fines are being enforced for homes that surpass the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks might result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Audubon, NJ.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Choosing duct leakage testing is a relatively budget-friendly decision compared to the potential costs of overlooking the problem. A careful duct leakage test in Audubon, NJ is relatively budget-friendly. Yet, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Addressing duct leaks promptly provides the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Achieve steady temperatures throughout your entire home and say farewell to drafts and hot spots.
- Lower energy bills: Trim down your energy consumption to decrease expenses on utility bills.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Inhale with greater comfort as the air circulating in your home becomes cleaner.
- Increase home value: A residence with a favorable duct leakage test outcome is more attractive to potential purchasers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the crucial role of efficient ductwork in homes within Audubon, NJ. We specialize in offering thorough duct leakage testing services to ensure your home meets the necessary standards and functions at its peak. Additionally, we extend expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions to minimize leaks, aiming to enhance your comfort and savings.
Take steps to protect your comfort and energy efficiency from the effects of leaky ducts.
Connect with Local Energy Audits today to set up your duct leakage assessment. Breathe effortlessly, reduce costs, and experience a truly comfortable and energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing initiates by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, link the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. While depressurized, a nanometer can be utilized to assess the duct leakage.