Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Bart, PA
The network of duct pipes that distributes conditioned air throughout your home is crucial for optimal HVAC performance. But, the loss of conditioned air due to leaky ducts can impact the overall comfort and efficiency of your home. The effects of this leakage are notable:
- Discomfort: Ducts with leaks cause temperature inconsistencies, variations, and drafts, giving your home a sensation of being either uncomfortably warm or cool, even with an operational HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts oblige your HVAC system to operate with increased intensity to sustain desired temperatures, causing a surge in energy consumption and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks might also attract impurities from the outdoors, jeopardizing the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage is a straightforward yet effective technique for recognizing and quantifying air leaks in your duct system. An experienced technician uses a blower door and specialized equipment to build pressure in the duct system, gauging the amount of air that is leaking. The test results are communicated as CFM25, denoting the cubic feet of air per minute escaping under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Bart, PA
The financial consequences of significant leaks in the ducts can be considerable. As outlined in the NJ Residential Building Code, newly developed homes must meet a duct leakage rate not exceeding 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Surpassing this limitat can lead to:
- Failed inspections: Houses exhibiting notable duct leakage may face challenges passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and possibly demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Certain localities in New Jersey have started enforcing fines on residences that go beyond the established duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: The presence of leaky ducts may incur an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Bart, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The investment in duct leakage testing is relatively modest compared to the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The average cost for a thorough duct leakage test in Bart, PA is relatively cost-efficient. Nevertheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and improved comfort far surpass the initial investment.
Promptly addressing duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Revel in steady temperatures across your living space, eliminating both drafts and hot spots.
- Bring Down energy bills: Use less energy to save on costs associated with your utility bills.
- Refine indoor air quality: Enjoy improved air circulation, making it easier to breathe in your home.
- Elevate home value: A successful duct leakage test enhances the desirability of a home for potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Bart, PA homes. Our comprehensive duct leakage testing services aim to ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak. We also provide expert recommendations on duct sealing and repair solutions, striving to minimize leaks and optimize your comfort and savings.
Take measures to prevent leaky ducts from jeopardizing your comfort and energy efficiency.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now and plan your duct leakage test. Enjoy easy breathing, financial savings, and a truly comfortable and energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing initiates by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the ducts depressurized we can use the nanometer to get a reading of the duct leakage.