Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Bath, PA
The network of duct pipes that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is crucial for optimal HVAC performance. But, the escape of conditioned air from leaky ducts can impact both the comfort and efficiency of your home. This leakage brings about significant consequences:
- Discomfort: Ducts with leaks cause uneven temperatures, variations, and drafts, giving your home a sensation of being either uncomfortably warm or cool, even with an operational HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Ducts with leaks necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a rise in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: The presence of ducts with leaks may result in the intake of contaminants from outdoors, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially provoking allergies and respiratory issues.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An straightforward yet potent approach to identify and measure air leaks in your ductwork is through testing for duct leakage. A certified specialist employs a blower door and specialized equipment to build pressure in the duct system, quantifying the volume of air leakage. The results of the test are represented in CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Bath, PA
The financial consequences of excessive duct leakage can be considerable. As outlined in the NJ Residential Building Code, newly developed homes must meet a duct leakage rate not exceeding 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this limit may cause:
- Failed inspections: Houses exhibiting notable duct leakage may encounter hurdles passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and possibly demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain areas in New Jersey, fines are now applicable to homes that exceed the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Bath, PA may encounter an average yearly energy waste cost ranging from $180 to $550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The investment in duct leakage testing is relatively low compared to the potential costs of neglecting the problem. A thorough duct leakage test in Bath, PA comes with a modestly priced price tag. Yet, the long-term savings in energy costs and heightened comfort greatly exceed the initial investment.
Quickly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Revel in steady temperatures across your living space, eliminating both drafts and hot spots.
- Lower energy bills: Conserve energy to witness a reduction in your utility expenses.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Breathe more freely with the presence of cleaner air circulating through your home.
- Raise home value: A residence with a favorable duct leakage test outcome is more attractive to potential purchasers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we are aware of the importance of efficient ductwork in Bath, PA homes. Providing comprehensive services for duct leakage testing, we ensure your home meets the required standards and operates optimally. Additionally, we offer expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and maximize both your comfort and savings.
Preserve your comfort and energy efficiency by addressing the challenge of leaky ducts.
Get in touch with Local Energy Audits today to plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, reduce expenses, and experience a genuinely comfortable and energy-saving home.
Duct leakage testing begins by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing off the registers, connect the duct tester to either the unit itself or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be used to assess the duct leakage.