Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Clementon, NJ
Maximized HVAC efficiency is tied to the proper functioning of the network of duct pipes, which distributes conditioned air throughout your home. But, the release of conditioned air due to leaky ducts can impact the overall comfort and efficiency of your home. Notable outcomes arise from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Leaky ducts contribute to temperature inconsistencies, variations, and drafts, causing your home to feel either stuffy or chilly, even when the HVAC system is in good working order.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts make it necessary for your HVAC system to work more rigorously in sustaining desired temperatures, resulting in increased energy consumption and elevated utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaks in the ducts have the capacity to draw in particles from the outside environment, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage is a clear-cut yet powerful method to discover and measure air leaks within your duct system. A certified specialist employs a blower door and specialized tools to build pressure in the duct system, measuring the quantity of air that escapes. The test results are represented in CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Clementon, NJ
Considerable costs can be associated with significant leaks in the ducts. The NJ Residential Building Code stipulates that newly erected dwellings must meet a duct leakage rate of 8 CFM25 or less per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this limit can result in:
- Failed inspections: Houses with significant duct leakage may face hurdles to pass final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and potentially demanding expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific areas in New Jersey, fines are being imposed on homes that exceed the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks might result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Clementon, NJ.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The investment in duct leakage testing is relatively low compared to the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The cost of a comprehensive duct leakage test in Clementon, NJ is quite reasonable. Nonetheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and enhanced comfort far outweigh the initial investment.
Quickly dealing with duct leaks enables you to:
- Improve home comfort: Revel in steady temperatures across your living space, eliminating both drafts and hot spots.
- Reduce energy bills: Conserve energy and see a reduction in your utility expenses.
- Refine indoor air quality: Enjoy a cleaner and fresher atmosphere that promotes easier breathing at home.
- Boost home value: The appeal of a home increases when it passes a duct leakage test, attracting potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we understand the significance of ductwork efficiency in homes located in Clementon, NJ. To ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak, we provide comprehensive duct leakage testing services. Moreover, our expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions is designed to minimize leaks and maximize both your comfort and savings.
Take steps to protect your comfort and energy efficiency from the effects of leaky ducts.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now and plan your duct leakage test. Enjoy easy breathing, financial savings, and a truly comfortable and energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing starts by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be used to measure the duct leakage.