Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Cliffwood, NJ
The intricate system of ducts that distributes conditioned air throughout your home is essential for optimal HVAC performance. But, nevertheless, with leaky ducts, there is a risk of precious conditioned air leaking out, impacting the comfort and efficiency of your home. Notable results arise from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Leaks in the ducts create uneven temperatures, variations, and drafts, giving your home a sense of discomfort, even with a properly operational HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts compel your HVAC system to exert more effort in sustaining desired temperatures, resulting in elevated energy consumption and increased utility costs.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks can also result in the intake of contaminants from outdoors, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage provides a simple yet efficient way to identify and measure air leaks in your ductwork. A qualified professional uses a blower door and specialized equipment to create pressure within the duct system, gauging the amount of air that is leaking. CFM25 is employed to convey the results of the test, indicating the cubic feet of air per minute escaping at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Cliffwood, NJ
The cost implications of significant leaks in the ducts can be substantial. As outlined in the NJ Residential Building Code, newly developed homes must meet a duct leakage rate not exceeding 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going beyond this prescribed limit may cause:
- Failed inspections: Homes with excessive duct leakage might struggle to pass final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially prompting expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain areas in New Jersey, fines are being enforced for homes that surpass the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Cliffwood, NJ might experience an average annual energy waste cost ranging from $180 to $550 due to duct leaks.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing represents a relatively low-cost solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. A thorough duct leakage test in Cliffwood, NJ comes with a relatively affordable price tag. Yet, the long-term savings in energy costs and heightened comfort greatly exceed the initial investment.
Addressing duct leaks promptly affords you the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Achieve even warmth throughout your home and say goodbye to drafts and hot areas.
- Reduce energy bills: Minimize your energy consumption to save money on your utility bills.
- Refine indoor air quality: Enjoy a cleaner and fresher atmosphere that promotes easier breathing at home.
- Elevate home value: Prospective buyers are more likely to be interested in homes that pass a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the crucial role of efficient ductwork in homes within Cliffwood, NJ. We specialize in offering thorough duct leakage testing services to ensure your home meets the necessary standards and functions at its peak. We also give expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions, with the goal of minimizing leaks and optimizing your comfort and savings.
Ensure your comfort and energy efficiency are not compromised by addressing leaky ducts.
Contact Local Energy Audits today to schedule your duct leakage evaluation. Breathe easily, trim costs, and savor a home that’s genuinely comfortable and energy-efficient.
Duct leakage testing initiates by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can use the nanometer to measure the duct leakage.