Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Collegeville, PA
Ductwork that circulates conditioned air throughout your home is vital for optimal HVAC performance. But, leaky ducts can cause the loss of precious conditioned air, influencing the comfort and efficiency of your home. This leakage leads to considerable consequences:
- Discomfort: Temperature variations, along with temperature inconsistencies and drafts, result from leaky ducts, making your home feel either stuffy or chilly, despite the HVAC system working as intended.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a surge in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts have the potential to draw in dust, pollen, and other contaminants from outdoors, putting your indoor air quality at risk and potentially leading to allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An simple yet efficient approach to discover and measure air leaks in your ductwork is through duct leakage testing. An expert technician uses a blower door and specialized tools to create pressure within the duct system and assess the amount of air that escapes. The results of the test are represented in CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Collegeville, PA
The cost implications of significant leaks in the ducts can be considerable. As dictated by the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this limit can result in:
- Failed inspections: Houses displaying excessive duct leakage might encounter difficulties passing final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Some areas in New Jersey have initiated the practice of levying fines on residences that surpass the duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Collegeville, PA may encounter an average yearly energy waste cost ranging from $180 to $550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The expense of duct leakage testing is modest in contrast to the potential financial impacts of ignoring the issue. The standard cost for a thorough duct leakage test in Collegeville, PA is relatively cost-efficient. Nevertheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and improved comfort far surpass the initial investment.
Quickly dealing with duct leaks enables you to:
- Improve home comfort: Encounter uniform warmth in your entire home, saying farewell to drafts and hot areas.
- Bring Down energy bills: Bring down your energy usage and enjoy reduced utility expenses.
- Refine indoor air quality: Enjoy a cleaner and fresher atmosphere that promotes easier breathing at home.
- Increase home value: A home with a positive outcome in a duct leakage test is more likely to captivate potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Collegeville, PA homes. Ensuring that your home meets the required standards and operates at its peak, we provide comprehensive duct leakage testing services. We also give expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, intending to minimize leaks while maximizing both your comfort and savings.
Secure your comfort and energy efficiency by dealing with the challenge of leaky ducts.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits today and arrange your duct leakage test. Breathe comfortably, cut costs, and relish a genuinely energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing initiates by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
After sealing off the registers, connect the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. During this process, a nanometer can be used to assess the duct leakage.