Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Croydon, PA
Ductwork that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is essential for optimal HVAC performance. But, with leaky ducts, valuable conditioned air is allowed to escape, impacting the comfort and efficiency of your home. The influence of this leakage is noteworthy:
- Discomfort: Duct leaks create temperature inconsistencies, variations, and drafts, giving your home a sense of stuffiness or chilliness, even with a properly operational HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The presence of leaks in the ducts demands that your HVAC system works harder to maintain desired temperatures, leading to heightened energy usage and higher utility costs.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaks in the ducts can also result in the intake of contaminants from outdoors, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing offers a simple yet efficient means of detecting and quantifying air leaks in your ductwork. An experienced professional employs a blower door and specialized equipment to create pressure within the duct system, measuring the quantity of escaping air. Results from the test are presented in CFM25, indicating the volume of air in cubic feet per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Croydon, PA
The financial impact of significant leaks in the ducts can be considerable. In compliance with the NJ Residential Building Code, new dwellings are obligated to maintain a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this specified limit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage may face challenges passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and possibly demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Some areas in New Jersey have started enforcing fines for homes that surpass the specified duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Croydon, PA could incur an average yearly energy waste cost of $180-$550 because of leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Opting for duct leakage testing is a cost-effective investment in comparison to the potential costs associated with overlooking the issue. The typical cost for a comprehensive duct leakage test in Croydon, PA is relatively cost-efficient. Nevertheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and improved comfort far surpass the initial investment.
Quickly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Attain consistent temperatures throughout your home and say goodbye to both drafts and heat inconsistencies.
- Lower energy bills: Minimize your energy consumption to save money on your utility bills.
- Improve indoor air quality: Experience easier and more comfortable breathing with the presence of cleaner air in your home.
- Increase home value: A residence that passes a duct leakage test is more likely to catch the interest of potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, the significance of ductwork efficiency in homes within Croydon, PA is well understood. We specialize in comprehensive duct leakage testing services to guarantee your home meets required standards and operates at its best. Furthermore, our expert recommendations on duct sealing and repair solutions are geared toward minimizing leaks and maximizing both your comfort and savings.
Take action to prevent leaky ducts from impacting your comfort and energy efficiency negatively.
Contact Local Energy Audits today and coordinate your duct leakage examination. Breathe with ease, save money, and enjoy a truly comfortable and energy-effective home.
Duct leakage testing initiates by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be utilized to assess the duct leakage.