Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Deepwater, NJ
The essential ductwork that circulates conditioned air throughout your home is vital for achieving optimal HVAC performance. But, leaky ducts permit the loss of valuable conditioned air, affecting both the comfort and efficiency of your home. Noteworthy consequences are linked to this leakage:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperatures, along with hot and cold spots and drafts, result from ducts with leaks, making your home feel either stuffy or chilly, despite the HVAC system working as intended.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a rise in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts may also attract impurities from the outdoors, jeopardizing the quality of your indoor air and potentially causing allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An simple yet highly effective approach to pinpoint and measure air leaks in your ductwork is through testing for duct leakage. A qualified professional uses a blower door and specialized equipment to pressurize the duct system, gauging the amount of air that is leaking. Test outcomes are communicated as CFM25, denoting the cubic feet of air per minute escaping under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Deepwater, NJ
The financial consequences of excessive duct leakage can be substantial. As dictated by the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this limit may cause:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage could struggle passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Certain localities in New Jersey have initiated the practice of levying fines on homes that surpass the duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks can result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Deepwater, NJ.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Choosing duct leakage testing is a relatively budget-friendly decision compared to the potential costs of overlooking the problem. The average cost for a thorough duct leakage test in Deepwater, NJ is relatively inexpensive. Nevertheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and improved comfort far surpass the initial investment.
Taking immediate action on duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Enjoy even temperatures throughout your living space and eliminate drafts and hot spots.
- Lower energy bills: Optimize your energy consumption for savings on utility bills.
- Improve indoor air quality: Inhale with relief as the air circulating through your home becomes cleaner.
- Elevate home value: Prospective buyers are more likely to find interest in homes that successfully pass a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the essential role of ductwork efficiency in homes situated in Deepwater, NJ. Our services encompass comprehensive duct leakage testing, ensuring that your home adheres to required standards and functions optimally. Additionally, we offer expert advice regarding duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to reduce leaks and enhance both your comfort and savings.
Take action to prevent leaky ducts from undermining your comfort and energy efficiency.
Connect with Local Energy Audits today and plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing initiates by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can utilize the nanometer to measure the duct leakage.