Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Edgemont, PA
The crucial network of duct pipes that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is key for ensuring optimal HVAC performance. But, leaky ducts permit the loss of valuable conditioned air, affecting both the comfort and efficiency of your home. The consequences of this leakage are substantial:
- Discomfort: Duct leaks lead to uneven temperatures, temperature variations, and drafts, creating a sense of stuffiness or chilliness, even with a properly functioning HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The presence of leaks in the ducts requires your HVAC system to operate with greater intensity to uphold desired temperatures, causing a surge in energy usage and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks have the capacity to draw in contaminants from outdoors, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage provides an simple yet effective means of recognizing and measuring air leaks in your ductwork. A skilled professional employs a blower door and specialized tools to pressurize the duct system and quantify the volume of escaping air. Test outcomes are communicated as CFM25, denoting the cubic feet of air per minute escaping under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Edgemont, PA
Substantial costs may arise from excessive duct leakage. The NJ Residential Building Code mandates that newly erected residences adhere to a duct leakage rate of 8 CFM25 or less per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this specified limit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes displaying significant duct leakage may encounter challenges passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially necessitating costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Certain areas in New Jersey have begun imposing fines on homes that go beyond the established duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: The presence of leaky ducts may incur an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Edgemont, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Investing in duct leakage testing is a relatively cost-effective choice when compared to the potential expenses of neglecting the issue. The typical expense for a inclusive duct leakage test in Edgemont, PA is relatively inexpensive. Nevertheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and enhanced comfort far surpass the initial investment.
Swiftly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Experience consistent temperatures in every room, saying goodbye to drafts and hot spots.
- Bring Down energy bills: Lower your energy usage and enjoy savings on your utility costs.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Improve indoor air quality, providing easier and more comfortable breathing.
- Boost home value: Potential buyers find a home more enticing when it successfully passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Edgemont, PA homes. Offering extensive duct leakage testing services, we ensure your home meets the necessary standards and functions optimally. Moreover, our expertise includes offering guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions to minimize leaks, ensuring your comfort and maximizing savings.
Take action to prevent leaky ducts from undermining your comfort and energy efficiency.
Connect with Local Energy Audits today and plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing initiates by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers have been sealed, connect the duct tester to either the unit itself or a primary return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can utilize the nanometer to get a reading of the duct leakage.