Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Englishtown, NJ
Maximized HVAC efficiency is tied to the proper functioning of ductwork, which circulates conditioned air throughout your home. But, the leakage of conditioned air due to leaky ducts can affect the overall comfort and efficiency of your home. The effects of this leakage are significant:
- Discomfort: Leaky ducts result in inconsistent temperatures, creating hot and cold spots and drafts, causing your home to feel either stuffy or chilly, even with a properly working HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The presence of leaks in the ducts demands that your HVAC system works harder to maintain desired temperatures, leading to heightened energy usage and higher utility costs.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks might also attract particles from the outside environment, jeopardizing the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An uncomplicated yet powerful method to discover and assess air leaks in your ductwork is through testing for duct leakage. A skilled specialist utilizes a blower door and specialized equipment to build pressure in the ductwork and gauge the amount of air escaping. Test results are articulated as CFM25, indicating the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Englishtown, NJ
The financial consequences of excessive duct leakage can be substantial. As dictated by the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this limit can result in:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage could struggle passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific areas in New Jersey, fines are now being imposed on homes that exceed the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Englishtown, NJ may face an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing represents a relatively low-cost solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. A careful duct leakage test in Englishtown, NJ is relatively budget-friendly. Yet, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Swiftly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Encounter uniform warmth in your entire home, saying farewell to drafts and hot areas.
- Reduce energy bills: Reduce your energy usage and cut down on your utility expenses.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Make breathing more comfortable by ensuring cleaner air circulates through your living space.
- Raise home value: A home’s appeal to potential buyers is positively impacted when it passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we understand the significance of ductwork efficiency in homes located in Englishtown, NJ. We are committed to providing comprehensive duct leakage testing services, ensuring your home meets the required standards and functions at peak performance. We also give expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, intending to minimize leaks while maximizing both your comfort and savings.
Maintain your comfort and energy efficiency by addressing the issue of leaky ducts.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now and plan your duct leakage test. Breathe with ease, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing initiates by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers have been sealed, connect the duct tester to either the unit itself or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be utilized to measure the duct leakage.