Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Finesville, NJ
Ductwork that circulates conditioned air throughout your home is crucial for optimal HVAC performance. But, the escape of conditioned air from leaky ducts can affect both the comfort and efficiency of your home. Substantial outcomes emerge from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperature levels, hot and cold spots, and drafts emerge from ducts with leaks, causing your home to feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, despite the HVAC system functioning properly.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: The presence of leaks in the ducts may result in the intake of particles from the outside environment, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially provoking allergies and respiratory issues.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing is a straightforward yet effective technique for discovering and quantifying air leaks in your duct system. A certified specialist employs a blower door and specialized tools to create pressure within the duct system and quantify the volume of escaping air. The test results are represented in CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Finesville, NJ
Significant leaks in the ducts may result in significant expenses. In compliance with the NJ Residential Building Code, newly developed homes are obligated to maintain a duct leakage rate that does not exceed 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this specified limit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Houses exhibiting significant duct leakage may run into issues passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and potentially demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In some New Jersey municipalities, fines are now applicable to homes that surpass the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks can result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Finesville, NJ.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Choosing duct leakage testing is a relatively affordable decision compared to the potential costs of overlooking the problem. The complete cost for a duct leakage test in Finesville, NJ is relatively cost-effective. Despite this, the long-term savings in energy costs and improved comfort far exceed the initial investment.
Promptly addressing duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Experience uniform temperatures in every corner of your home and bid farewell to drafts and heat inconsistencies.
- Reduce energy bills: Use less energy to cut costs on your utility bills.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Experience enhanced breathability as cleaner air circulates throughout your living space.
- Elevate home value: A home’s appeal to potential buyers is positively impacted when it passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Finesville, NJ homes. To ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak, we provide comprehensive duct leakage testing services. In addition, we provide expert recommendations for duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and enhance your comfort and savings.
Preserve your comfort and energy efficiency by addressing the challenge of leaky ducts.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits today and arrange your duct leakage test. Breathe comfortably, cut costs, and relish a genuinely energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing starts by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the ducts depressurized we can use the nanometer to measure the duct leakage.