Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Georgetown, MD
The vital ductwork that circulates conditioned air throughout your home is key for achieving optimal HVAC performance. But, leaky ducts enable the loss of valuable conditioned air, influencing both the comfort and efficiency of your home. This leakage leads to significant consequences:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperatures, along with temperature inconsistencies and drafts, result from ducts with leaks, making your home feel either stuffy or chilly, despite the HVAC system working as intended.
- Higher energy bills: Ducts with leaks make it necessary for your HVAC system to work more rigorously in sustaining desired temperatures, resulting in increased energy consumption and elevated utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks may also attract impurities from the outdoors, jeopardizing the quality of your indoor air and potentially causing allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing is a simple yet potent method to identify and measure air leaks within your duct system. A certified specialist employs a blower door and specialized tools to create pressure within the duct system, measuring the quantity of air that escapes. The test outcomes are denoted in CFM25, representing the cubic feet of air per minute escaping under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Georgetown, MD
Considerable expenses may arise from excessive duct leakage. The NJ Residential Building Code mandates that newly erected residences adhere to a duct leakage rate of 8 CFM25 or less per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this set limit may result in:
- Failed inspections: Homes displaying excessive duct leakage could run into issues in passing final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially prompting costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain New Jersey municipalities, fines are now being imposed on residences that exceed the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Georgetown, MD could incur an average yearly energy waste cost of $180-$550 because of leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Opting for duct leakage testing is a cost-effective investment in comparison to the potential costs associated with overlooking the issue. A comprehensive duct leakage test in Georgetown, MD is affordable. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Taking swift action on duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Attain consistent temperatures throughout your home and say goodbye to both drafts and heat inconsistencies.
- Lower energy bills: Use less energy to cut costs on your utility bills.
- Refine indoor air quality: Experience enhanced breathability as cleaner air circulates throughout your living space.
- Boost home value: A housethat passes a duct leakage test becomes more appealing to potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we grasp the significance of efficient ductwork in Georgetown, MD residences. We are committed to providing comprehensive duct leakage testing services, ensuring your home meets the required standards and functions at peak performance. We also give expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, intending to minimize leaks while maximizing both your comfort and savings.
Secure your comfort and energy efficiency by dealing with the challenge of leaky ducts.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now and plan your duct leakage test. Enjoy easy breathing, financial savings, and a truly comfortable and energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing starts by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. During this process, a nanometer can be used to assess the duct leakage.