Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Holmes, PA
The network of duct pipes that circulates conditioned air throughout your home is essential for optimal HVAC performance. But, the escape of conditioned air through leaks in the ducts can compromise your home’s comfort and efficiency. This leakage leads to notable consequences:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperature levels, hot and cold spots, and drafts are consequences of leaky ducts, making your home feel either stuffy or chilly, despite the HVAC system operating correctly.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts compel your HVAC system to exert more effort in sustaining desired temperatures, resulting in elevated energy consumption and increased utility costs.
- Poor indoor air quality: The presence of ducts with leaks may result in the intake of contaminants from outdoors, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially provoking allergies and respiratory issues.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An uncomplicated yet powerful method to identify and assess air leaks in your ductwork is through testing for duct leakage. A skilled technician utilizes a blower door and specialized equipment to create pressure within the duct system and assess the quantity of air leakage. Results from the test are presented in CFM25, indicating the volume of air in cubic feet per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Holmes, PA
The financial consequences of excessive duct leakage can be substantial. As dictated by the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Surpassing this designated limit can lead to:
- Failed inspections: Residences displaying significant duct leakage may struggle to pass final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and potentially demanding expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Some areas in New Jersey have started enforcing fines for residences that surpass the specified duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Holmes, PA might face an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 due to the presence of leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing presents a relatively budget-friendly solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The cost of a thorough duct leakage test in Holmes, PA is quite reasonable. Nonetheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and enhanced comfort far outweigh the initial investment.
Taking swift action to fix duct leaks enables you to:
- Improve home comfort: Achieve steady temperatures across your entire home and wave goodbye to drafts and warm spots.
- Bring Down energy bills: Use less energy to cut costs on your utility bills.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Inhale with greater ease as purer air circulates within the confines of your residence.
- Increase home value: A residence with a favorable duct leakage test outcome is more attractive to potential purchasers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we are aware of the importance of efficient ductwork in Holmes, PA homes. Comprehensive duct leakage testing services are offered to ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak performance. We also provide expert recommendations on duct sealing and repair solutions, striving to minimize leaks and optimize your comfort and savings.
Secure your comfort and energy efficiency by dealing with the challenge of leaky ducts.
Connect with Local Energy Audits today and plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing initiates by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can utilize the nanometer to measure the duct leakage.