Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Lenni, PA
Maximized HVAC efficiency is linked to the smooth operation of ductwork, which distributes conditioned air throughout your home. But, with leaky ducts, precious conditioned air leaks out, undermining your home’s comfort and efficiency. This leakage leads to significant consequences:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperature levels, temperature variations, and drafts emerge from ducts with leaks, causing your home to feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, despite the HVAC system functioning properly.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks have the potential to draw in particles from the outside environment, putting your indoor air quality at risk and potentially leading to allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing is a clear-cut yet highly effective way to identify and measure air leaks within your duct system. A certified technician uses a blower door and specialized tools to pressurize the duct system, quantifying the volume of air leakage. CFM25 is used to express the results of the test, signifying the amount of cubic feet of air per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Lenni, PA
Substantial costs may arise from excessive duct leakage. The NJ Residential Building Code mandates that newly erected residences adhere to a duct leakage rate of 8 CFM25 or less per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going beyond this limit may result in:
- Failed inspections: Houses with excessive duct leakage might fail to pass final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially prompting expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain New Jersey municipalities, fines are being imposed on homes that exceed the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Lenni, PA may face an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing is a relatively affordable investment when weighed against the potential financial consequences of ignoring the issue. A thorough duct leakage test in Lenni, PA is economical. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Quickly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Revel in steady temperatures across your living space, eliminating both drafts and hot spots.
- Reduce energy bills: Bring down your energy usage and enjoy reduced utility expenses.
- Improve indoor air quality: Inhale with ease as the air in your home is refreshed and cleaned.
- Boost home value: Homes that achieve a positive result in a duct leakage test are more alluring to potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, the significance of ductwork efficiency in homes within Lenni, PA is well understood. Our comprehensive duct leakage testing services aim to ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak. Moreover, our expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions is designed to minimize leaks and maximize both your comfort and savings.
Take measures to prevent leaky ducts from jeopardizing your comfort and energy efficiency.
Contact Local Energy Audits now to set up your duct leakage test. Breathe with ease, trim expenses, and relish a home that’s truly comfortable and energy-efficient.
Duct leakage testing initiates by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can use the nanometer to get a reading of the duct leakage.