Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Lewisville, PA
The crucial network of duct pipes that distributes conditioned air throughout your home is important for maintaining optimal HVAC performance. But, despite the impact on comfort and efficiency, leaky ducts permit the escape of precious conditioned air. The repercussions of this leakage are substantial:
- Discomfort: Uneven temperatures, hot and cold spots, and drafts manifest due to leaky ducts, causing your home to feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, even though the HVAC system is functioning correctly.
- Higher energy bills: Ducts with leaks oblige your HVAC system to operate with increased intensity to sustain desired temperatures, causing a surge in energy consumption and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts might also attract particles from the outside environment, jeopardizing the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage is a straightforward yet effective technique for discovering and quantifying air leaks in your duct system. An expert technician uses a blower door and specialized tools to create pressure within the duct system and assess the amount of air that escapes. The results of the test are represented in CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Lewisville, PA
Considerable costs can be associated with significant leaks in the ducts. The NJ Residential Building Code stipulates that newly erected dwellings must meet a duct leakage rate of 8 CFM25 or less per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this lmit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes with excessive duct leakage might face obstacles passing final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Certain areas in New Jersey have started implementing fines for residences that exceed the specified duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Lewisville, PA may face an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The expense of duct leakage testing is modest in contrast to the potential financial impacts of ignoring the issue. A meticulous duct leakage test in Lewisville, PA is relatively budget-friendly. Yet, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Addressing duct leaks promptly provides the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Encounter uniform warmth in your entire home, saying farewell to drafts and hot areas.
- Reduce energy bills: Optimize your energy consumption for savings on utility bills.
- Improve indoor air quality: Enjoy a more refreshing atmosphere with cleaner air flowing through your home.
- Elevate home value: The appeal of a residence is enhanced when it successfully clears a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the crucial role of efficient ductwork in homes within Lewisville, PA. To ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak, we provide comprehensive duct leakage testing services. In addition, we provide expert recommendations for duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and enhance your comfort and savings.
Ensure that leaky ducts do not compromise your comfort and energy efficiency—take proactive steps.
Get in touch with Local Energy Audits today to plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, reduce expenses, and experience a genuinely comfortable and energy-saving home.
Duct leakage testing initiates by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can use the nanometer to get a reading of the duct leakage.