Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Limekiln, PA
The vital ductwork that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is vital for maintaining optimal HVAC performance. But, the escape of conditioned air through leaks in the ducts can affect your home’s comfort and efficiency. Remarkable results result from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Leaky ducts result in uneven temperatures, creating temperature variations and drafts, causing your home to feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, even with a properly working HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The presence of leaks in the ducts requires your HVAC system to operate with greater intensity to uphold desired temperatures, causing a surge in energy usage and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts may also attract impurities from the outdoors, jeopardizing the quality of your indoor air and potentially causing allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing is a simple yet efficient method to uncover and measure air leaks within your duct system. An experienced technician employs a blower door and specialized tools to create pressure within the duct system and measure the airflow escaping. CFM25 is the unit used to express the test results, denoting the cubic feet of air per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Limekiln, PA
The expense associated with significant leaks in the ducts can be substantial. As per the NJ Residential Building Code, newly constructed homes are required to maintain a duct leakage rate not exceeding 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going beyond this limit may result in:
- Failed inspections: Residences with significant duct leakage may run into issues passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and potentially demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific New Jersey municipalities, fines are being enforced for homes that surpass the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Leaky ducts could lead to an average yearly energy waste expense of $180-$550 for homeowners in Limekiln, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The expense of duct leakage testing is relatively low in contrast to the potential financial impacts of ignoring the issue. The typical cost of a careful duct leakage test in Limekiln, PA is relatively budget-friendly. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Quickly dealing with duct leaks enables you to:
- Improve home comfort: Encounter uniform warmth in your entire home, saying farewell to drafts and hot areas.
- Reduce energy bills: Minimize your energy usage to reduce your utility expenses.
- Improve indoor air quality: Enjoy a cleaner and fresher atmosphere that promotes easier breathing at home.
- Boost home value: Prospective buyers are more inclined to consider homes that achieve success in a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Limekiln, PA homes. Ensuring your home meets required standards and functions at its best, we provide comprehensive services for duct leakage testing. Additionally, we offer expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and maximize both your comfort and savings.
Don’t let the issue of leaky ducts compromise the comfort and energy efficiency of your living space.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now and plan your duct leakage test. Breathe with ease, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing begins by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers have been sealed, link the duct tester to either the unit itself or a primary return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the ducts depressurized we can use the nanometer to get a reading of the duct leakage.