Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Modena, PA
Efficient heating and cooling is dependent on the smooth operation of the intricate system of ducts, which circulates conditioned air throughout your home. But, leaky ducts permit the loss of valuable conditioned air, affecting both the comfort and efficiency of your home. Considerable repercussions arise from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Uneven temperatures, temperature variations, and drafts are consequences of leaky ducts, making your home feel either stuffy or chilly, despite the HVAC system operating correctly.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a rise in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks have the potential to draw in dust, pollen, and other contaminants from outdoors, putting the indoor air quality at risk and potentially leading to allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An easy yet powerful method to uncover and assess air leaks in your ductwork is through testing for duct leakage. A skilled specialist employs a blower door and specialized tools to create pressure within the duct system and measure the airflow escaping. CFM25 is employed to convey the test results, indicating the cubic feet of air per minute escaping at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Modena, PA
The financial impact of excessive duct leakage can be considerable. In compliance with the NJ Residential Building Code, new dwellings are obligated to maintain a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this specified limit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Residences with notable duct leakage may encounter hurdles in passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially requiring costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific areas in New Jersey, fines are now applicable to homes that surpass the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Modena, PA might experience an average annual energy waste cost ranging from $180 to $550 due to duct leaks.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The cost of duct leakage testing is relatively modest compared to the potential financial consequences of ignoring the problem. The complete cost of a duct leakage test in Modena, PA is cost-effective. Despite this, the long-term savings in energy costs and heightened comfort greatly exceed the initial investment.
Taking immediate action on duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Revel in steady temperatures across your living space, eliminating both drafts and hot spots.
- Lower energy bills: Use less energy to cut costs on your utility bills.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Enjoy a cleaner and fresher atmosphere that promotes easier breathing at home.
- Boost home value: Potential buyers find a home more enticing when it successfully passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we understand the significance of ductwork efficiency in homes located in Modena, PA. Our comprehensive services for duct leakage testing are designed to ensure your home meets required standards and functions optimally. Furthermore, we provide expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions to minimize leaks, elevating your comfort levels and maximizing savings.
Safeguard your comfort and energy efficiency by dealing with the issue of leaky ducts.
Contact Local Energy Audits today to schedule your duct leakage evaluation. Breathe easily, trim costs, and savor a home that’s genuinely comfortable and energy-efficient.
Duct leakage testing starts by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, link the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can use the nanometer to measure the duct leakage.