Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Navesink, NJ
Optimal HVAC performance is tied to the effective operation of ductwork, which conveys conditioned air throughout your home. But, with leaky ducts, valuable conditioned air is able to escape, influencing the comfort and efficiency of your home. The effect of this leakage is remarkable:
- Discomfort: Ducts with leaks cause uneven temperatures, variations, and drafts, giving your home a sensation of being either stuffy or chilly, even with an operational HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The presence of leaks in the ducts requires your HVAC system to operate with greater intensity to uphold desired temperatures, causing a rise in energy usage and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks have the capacity to draw in contaminants from outdoors, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An uncomplicated yet powerful method to identify and assess air leaks in your ductwork is through duct leakage testing. A skilled professional uses a blower door and specialized tools to pressurize the duct system, quantifying the volume of air leakage. CFM25 is the unit used to express the test results, denoting the cubic feet of air per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Navesink, NJ
The expense associated with excessive duct leakage can be substantial. As per the NJ Residential Building Code, newly constructed homes are required to maintain a duct leakage rate not exceeding 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going beyond this prescribed limit may cause:
- Failed inspections: Houses exhibiting excessive duct leakage could face obstacles in passing final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially prompting costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Certain areas in New Jersey have started implementing fines for homes that exceed the specified duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks can result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Navesink, NJ.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Choosing duct leakage testing is a relatively budget-friendly decision compared to the potential costs of overlooking the problem. A inclusive duct leakage test in Navesink, NJ is economical. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Promptly addressing duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Encounter uniform warmth in your entire home, saying farewell to drafts and hot areas.
- Bring Down energy bills: Decrease your energy usage to save money on your monthly utility bills.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Experience a breath of fresh air with the circulation of cleaner and purer air in your home.
- Elevate home value: A home’s attractiveness to potential buyers is heightened when it passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the crucial role of efficient ductwork in homes within Navesink, NJ. We offer thorough duct leakage testing services to guarantee your home meets necessary standards and operates at peak efficiency. Additionally, we offer expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and maximize both your comfort and savings.
Safeguard your comfort and energy efficiency by addressing the issue of leaky ducts promptly.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now and plan your duct leakage test. Breathe with ease, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing begins by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the ducts depressurized we can utilize the nanometer to measure the duct leakage.