Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in New Berlinville, PA
The essential system of ducts that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is key for maintaining optimal HVAC performance. But, leaky ducts can cause the loss of precious conditioned air, impacting the comfort and efficiency of your home. Significant consequences are linked to this leakage:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperature levels, temperature variations, and drafts are consequences of ducts with leaks, making your home feel either stuffy or chilly, despite the HVAC system operating correctly.
- Higher energy bills: The presence of leaks in the ducts demands that your HVAC system works harder to maintain desired temperatures, leading to heightened energy usage and higher utility costs.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaks in the ducts can also pull in particles from the outside environment, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing provides an easy yet powerful means of detecting and measuring air leaks in your ductwork. A certified specialist employs a blower door and specialized equipment to build pressure in the duct system, measuring the quantity of escaping air. Results from the test are presented in CFM25, indicating the volume of air in cubic feet per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in New Berlinville, PA
Significant leaks in the ducts can result in notable costs. According to the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate of no more than 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this specified limit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes with significant duct leakage may struggle to pass final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and potentially demanding expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain New Jersey municipalities, fines are now being imposed on homes that exceed the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Leaky ducts could lead to an average yearly energy waste expense of $180-$550 for homeowners in New Berlinville, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Choosing duct leakage testing is a relatively budget-friendly decision compared to the potential costs of overlooking the problem. A thorough duct leakage test in New Berlinville, PA is reasonably priced. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Taking immediate action on duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Maintain consistent temperatures in every room of your home, saying goodbye to drafts and heat irregularities.
- Lower energy bills: Use less energy to cut costs on your utility bills.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Experience enhanced breathability as cleaner air circulates throughout your living space.
- Increase home value: The appeal of a residence is enhanced when it successfully clears a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the essential role of ductwork efficiency in homes situated in New Berlinville, PA. Our services encompass comprehensive duct leakage testing, ensuring that your home adheres to required standards and functions optimally. Additionally, our expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions is designed to minimize leaks, ensuring maximum comfort and savings for you.
Preserve your comfort and energy efficiency by addressing the challenge of leaky ducts.
Contact Local Energy Audits today and coordinate your duct leakage examination. Breathe with ease, save money, and enjoy a truly comfortable and energy-effective home.
Duct leakage testing starts by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers have been sealed, connect the duct tester to either the unit itself or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be utilized to measure the duct leakage.