Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Newport, NJ
The crucial ductwork that distributes conditioned air throughout your home is important for maintaining optimal HVAC performance. But, the loss of conditioned air due to leaky ducts can impact the overall comfort and efficiency of your home. Substantial repercussions arise from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperatures, along with hot and cold spots and drafts, are the outcome of leaky ducts, resulting in your home feeling either stuffy or chilly, even with a well-functioning HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts might also attract dust, pollen, and other outdoor contaminants, jeopardizing the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An easy yet potent approach to discover and measure air leaks in your ductwork is through duct leakage testing. A certified specialist employs a blower door and specialized tools to pressurize the duct system, measuring the quantity of air that escapes. Test outcomes are communicated as CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that leaks at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Newport, NJ
The cost implications of significant leaks in the ducts can be substantial. As outlined in the NJ Residential Building Code, newly developed homes must meet a duct leakage rate not exceeding 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Surpassing this limitat can lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes displaying significant duct leakage may encounter challenges passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially necessitating costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific areas in New Jersey, fines are now applicable to homes that surpass the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Newport, NJ may face an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Opting for duct leakage testing is a relatively cost-effective choice in comparison to the potential costs associated with overlooking the issue. A thorough duct leakage test in Newport, NJ is reasonably priced. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Addressing duct leaks promptly provides the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Maintain consistent temperatures in every room of your home, saying goodbye to drafts and heat irregularities.
- Bring Down energy bills: Minimize your energy usage to reduce your utility expenses.
- Improve indoor air quality: Inhale with relief as the air circulating through your home becomes cleaner.
- Raise home value: Prospective buyers are more inclined to consider homes that achieve success in a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
In Newport, NJ residences, Local Energy Audits recognizes the importance of ductwork efficiency. Providing comprehensive services for duct leakage testing, we ensure your home meets the required standards and operates optimally. We also extend our expertise in offering guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions to minimize leaks, providing optimal comfort and maximizing your savings.
Don’t allow leaky ducts to compromise the comfort and energy efficiency of your space.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits today and plan your duct leakage evaluation. Breathe with ease, save money, and savor a really comfortable and energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing begins by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers have been sealed, link the duct tester to either the unit itself or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. While depressurized, a nanometer can be used to assess the duct leakage.