Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Old Zionsville, PA
The intricate system of ducts that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is crucial for optimal HVAC performance. But, with leaky ducts, valuable conditioned air is allowed to escape, impacting the comfort and efficiency of your home. Significant consequences are linked to this leakage:
- Discomfort: Ducts with leaks result in uneven temperatures, creating temperature variations and drafts, causing your home to feel either stuffy or chilly, even with a properly working HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a rise in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts can also bring in dust, pollen, and other outdoor contaminants, posing a threat to the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing provides a simple yet impactful way to identify and measure air leaks in your ductwork. A certified specialist employs a blower door and specialized tools to pressurize the duct system and quantify the volume of escaping air. CFM25 is the unit used to express the results of the test, denoting the cubic feet of air per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Old Zionsville, PA
Excessive duct leakage may incur significant costs. In accordance with the NJ Residential Building Code, newly constructed homes are required to maintain a duct leakage rate of no more than 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Surpassing this limitat can lead to:
- Failed inspections: Residences with excessive duct leakage could face obstacles in passing final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially prompting costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain New Jersey municipalities, fines are being imposed on homes that exceed the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Old Zionsville, PA could incur an average yearly energy waste cost of $180-$550 because of leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The investment in duct leakage testing is relatively modest compared to the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The inclusive cost of a duct leakage test in Old Zionsville, PA is cost-effective. Despite this, the long-term savings in energy costs and heightened comfort greatly exceed the initial investment.
Promptly handling duct leaks provides the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Achieve steady temperatures across your entire home and wave goodbye to drafts and warm spots.
- Reduce energy bills: Optimize your energy consumption for financial savings on utility bills.
- Refine indoor air quality: Experience easier and more comfortable breathing with the presence of cleaner air in your home.
- Increase home value: The appeal of a home increases when it passes a duct leakage test, attracting potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Old Zionsville, PA homes. To ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak, we provide comprehensive duct leakage testing services. Additionally, we extend our expertise in providing guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and enhance your comfort and savings.
Don’t let the issue of leaky ducts compromise the comfort and energy efficiency of your living space.
Get in touch with Local Energy Audits today to plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, reduce expenses, and experience a genuinely comfortable and energy-saving home.
Duct leakage testing initiates by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. During this process, a nanometer can be used to measure the duct leakage.