Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Orefield, PA
The vital system of ducts that distributes conditioned air throughout your home is vital for maintaining optimal HVAC performance. But, the escape of conditioned air from leaky ducts can impact both the comfort and efficiency of your home. Notable results stem from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperature levels, hot and cold spots, and drafts emerge from leaky ducts, causing your home to feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, despite the HVAC system functioning properly.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts can also bring in dust, pollen, and other outdoor contaminants, posing a threat to the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An simple yet potent approach to identify and measure air leaks in your ductwork is through testing for duct leakage. A certified specialist utilizes a blower door and specialized equipment to build pressure in the duct system and assess the quantity of air leakage. Test results are conveyed in CFM25, illustrating the cubic feet of air per minute that leaks at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Orefield, PA
The financial consequences of significant leaks in the ducts can be considerable. As dictated by the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this lmit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage may face challenges passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and possibly demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain New Jersey municipalities, fines are now being imposed on residences that exceed the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Orefield, PA might experience an average annual energy waste cost ranging from $180 to $550 due to duct leaks.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing represents a relatively affordable solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. A inclusive duct leakage test in Orefield, PA is economical. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Promptly handling duct leaks provides the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Achieve even warmth throughout your home and say goodbye to drafts and hot areas.
- Bring Down energy bills: Bring down your energy usage and enjoy reduced utility expenses.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Enjoy a cleaner and fresher atmosphere that promotes easier breathing at home.
- Boost home value: Prospective buyers are more likely to find interest in homes that successfully pass a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Orefield, PA homes. Our services include comprehensive duct leakage testing, ensuring your home meets required standards and operates optimally. We also give expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, intending to minimize leaks while maximizing both your comfort and savings.
Safeguard your comfort and energy efficiency by addressing the issue of leaky ducts promptly.
Contact Local Energy Audits today to schedule your duct leakage evaluation. Breathe comfortably, trim expenses, and savor a home that’s truly comfortable and energy-efficient.
Duct leakage testing starts by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. While depressurized, a nanometer can be used to measure the duct leakage.