Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Orwigsburg, PA
The crucial ductwork that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is vital for achieving optimal HVAC performance. But, leaky ducts facilitate the loss of valuable conditioned air, influencing both the comfort and efficiency of your home. This leakage brings about significant consequences:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperatures, along with hot and cold spots and drafts, are the outcome of ducts with leaks, resulting in your home feeling either uncomfortably warm or cool, even with a well-functioning HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a rise in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts might also attract impurities from the outdoors, jeopardizing the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage offers a straightforward yet potent means of detecting and quantifying air leaks in your ductwork. An experienced technician employs a blower door and specialized equipment to create pressure within the duct system, quantifying the volume of air leakage. Test results are conveyed in CFM25, illustrating the cubic feet of air per minute that leaks at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Orwigsburg, PA
Excessive duct leakage may result in considerable costs. In compliance with the NJ Residential Building Code, newly developed homes are obligated to maintain a duct leakage rate that does not exceed 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going beyond this limit may result in:
- Failed inspections: Houses exhibiting notable duct leakage may run into issues in passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially requiring costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain areas in New Jersey, fines are now applicable to residences that exceed the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Orwigsburg, PA may encounter an average yearly energy waste cost ranging from $180 to $550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing represents a relatively low-cost solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The thorough cost for a duct leakage test in Orwigsburg, PA is relatively affordable. Despite this, the long-term savings in energy costs and improved comfort far exceed the initial investment.
Quickly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Encounter uniform warmth in your entire home, saying farewell to drafts and hot areas.
- Bring Down energy bills: Reduce your energy usage and cut down on the costs of your monthly utilities.
- Improve indoor air quality: Improve indoor air quality, providing easier and more comfortable breathing.
- Elevate home value: Homes that achieve a positive result in a duct leakage test are more alluring to potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we realize the vital role that efficient ductwork plays in Orwigsburg, PA homes. We specialize in comprehensive duct leakage testing services to guarantee your home meets required standards and operates at its best. In addition, we provide expert recommendations for duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and enhance your comfort and savings.
Safeguard your comfort and energy efficiency by dealing with the issue of leaky ducts.
Contact Local Energy Audits today to set up your duct leakage assessment. Enjoy easy breathing, reduce costs, and experience a truly comfortable and energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing initiates by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can utilize the nanometer to get a reading of the duct leakage.