Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Paulsboro, NJ
The crucial ductwork that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is important for ensuring optimal HVAC performance. But, with leaky ducts, precious conditioned air leaks out, impacting your home’s comfort and efficiency. The consequences of this leakage are notable:
- Discomfort: Temperature variations, along with hot and cold spots and drafts, result from leaky ducts, making your home feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, despite the HVAC system working as intended.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a surge in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks have the capacity to draw in dust, pollen, and other outdoor impurities, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An easy yet efficient method to uncover and assess air leaks in your ductwork is through duct leakage testing. An experienced professional utilizes a blower door and specialized equipment to create pressure within the duct system and assess the quantity of air leakage. Test results are conveyed in CFM25, illustrating the cubic feet of air per minute that leaks at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Paulsboro, NJ
Significant leaks in the ducts can result in significant expenses. According to the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate of no more than 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this limit may cause:
- Failed inspections: Houses with significant duct leakage may run into issues passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially necessitating costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific New Jersey municipalities, fines are being enforced for residences that surpass the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Paulsboro, NJ might face an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 due to the presence of leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The investment in duct leakage testing is relatively modest compared to the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The average cost of a meticulous duct leakage test in Paulsboro, NJ is relatively affordable. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Promptly handling duct leaks provides the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Attain consistent temperatures throughout your home and say goodbye to both drafts and heat inconsistencies.
- Lower energy bills: Reduce your energy usage and cut down on your utility expenses.
- Improve indoor air quality: Breathe more comfortably as the air circulating in your home becomes cleaner.
- Boost home value: A home’s attractiveness to potential buyers is heightened when it passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we are aware of the importance of efficient ductwork in Paulsboro, NJ homes. Providing comprehensive services for duct leakage testing, we ensure your home meets the required standards and operates optimally. We also give expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, intending to minimize leaks while maximizing both your comfort and savings.
Take measures to prevent leaky ducts from jeopardizing your comfort and energy efficiency.
Connect with Local Energy Audits today and coordinate your duct leakage examination. Enjoy easy breathing, financial savings, and a truly comfortable and energy-effective home await.
Duct leakage testing initiates by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the ducts depressurized we can use the nanometer to get a reading of the duct leakage.