Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Radnor, PA
Maximized HVAC efficiency is dependent on the smooth operation of ductwork, which conveys conditioned air throughout your home. But, with leaky ducts, precious conditioned air escapes, impacting your home’s comfort and efficiency. The impact of this leakage is noteworthy:
- Discomfort: Duct leaks lead to uneven temperatures, temperature variations, and drafts, creating a sense of discomfort, even with a properly functioning HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: The presence of leaks in the ducts may result in the intake of dust, pollen, and other outdoor pollutants, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially provoking allergies and respiratory issues.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage is a simple yet highly effective way to discover and measure air leaks within your duct system. A skilled specialist employs a blower door and specialized tools to create pressure within the duct system and measure the airflow escaping. Results from the test are articulated as CFM25, indicating the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Radnor, PA
The cost implications of significant leaks in the ducts can be considerable. As outlined in the NJ Residential Building Code, newly developed homes must meet a duct leakage rate not exceeding 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going beyond this limit may result in:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage may face challenges passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and possibly demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Some municipalities in New Jersey have started enforcing fines for residences that surpass the specified duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks might result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Radnor, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing presents a relatively budget-friendly solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The typical cost of a careful duct leakage test in Radnor, PA is relatively budget-friendly. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Promptly handling duct leaks provides the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Revel in steady temperatures across your living space, eliminating both drafts and hot spots.
- Reduce energy bills: Conserve energy and see a reduction in your utility expenses.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Inhale with ease as the air in your home is refreshed and cleaned.
- Boost home value: Prospective buyers are drawn to homes that have successfully undergone a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the crucial role of efficient ductwork in homes within Radnor, PA. Comprehensive duct leakage testing services are offered to ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak performance. We also provide expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions, intending to minimize leaks and optimize your comfort and savings.
Safeguard your comfort and energy efficiency by addressing the issue of leaky ducts promptly.
Get in touch with Local Energy Audits today to plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, reduce expenses, and experience a genuinely comfortable and energy-saving home.
Duct leakage testing starts by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. While depressurized, a nanometer can be utilized to measure the duct leakage.