Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Ridley Park, PA
The network of duct pipes that distributes conditioned air throughout your home is vital for optimal HVAC performance. But, leaks in the ducts enable valuable conditioned air to escape, jeopardizing the comfort and efficiency of your home. The effects of this leakage are significant:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperatures, along with temperature variations and drafts, are the outcome of ducts with leaks, resulting in your home feeling either uncomfortably warm or cool, even with a well-functioning HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts oblige your HVAC system to operate with increased intensity to sustain desired temperatures, causing a surge in energy consumption and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks can also pull in particles from the outside environment, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An easy yet impactful approach to identify and measure air leaks in your ductwork is through testing for duct leakage. A certified specialist uses a blower door and specialized equipment to create pressure within the duct system, gauging the amount of air that is leaking. The test outcomes are denoted in CFM25, representing the cubic feet of air per minute escaping under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Ridley Park, PA
Excessive duct leakage can result in notable costs. According to the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate of no more than 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this set limit may result in:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage could encounter challenges passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific areas in New Jersey, fines are being imposed on residences that exceed the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in Ridley Park, PA may face an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The expense of duct leakage testing is modest in contrast to the potential financial impacts of ignoring the issue. The complete cost of a duct leakage test in Ridley Park, PA is modest. Despite this, the long-term savings in energy costs and heightened comfort greatly exceed the initial investment.
Addressing duct leaks promptly affords you the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Ensure uniform warmth throughout your entire home and bid farewell to drafts and heat irregularities.
- Reduce energy bills: Minimize your energy consumption to save money on your utility bills.
- Refine indoor air quality: Enjoy a more refreshing atmosphere with cleaner air flowing through your home.
- Increase home value: A successful duct leakage test enhances the desirability of a home for potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we understand the significance of ductwork efficiency in homes located in Ridley Park, PA. Our comprehensive duct leakage testing services aim to ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak. Additionally, our expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions is designed to minimize leaks, ensuring maximum comfort and savings for you.
Secure your comfort and energy efficiency by dealing with the challenge of leaky ducts.
Contact Local Energy Audits today to set up your duct leakage assessment. Enjoy easy breathing, reduce costs, and experience a truly comfortable and energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing starts by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the ducts depressurized we can use the nanometer to get a reading of the duct leakage.