Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Rose Valley, PA
Efficient heating and cooling is tied to the smooth operation of ductwork, which circulates conditioned air throughout your home. But, the loss of conditioned air due to leaky ducts can affect the overall comfort and efficiency of your home. The effects of this leakage are notable:
- Discomfort: Leaky ducts result in uneven temperatures, creating hot and cold spots and drafts, causing your home to feel either stuffy or chilly, even with a properly working HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Ducts with leaks compel your HVAC system to exert more effort in sustaining desired temperatures, resulting in elevated energy consumption and increased utility costs.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks might also attract particles from the outside environment, jeopardizing the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing is a simple yet effective method to discover and measure air leaks within your duct system. A certified technician uses a blower door and specialized tools to pressurize the duct system, quantifying the volume of air leakage. CFM25 is the unit used to express the results of the test, denoting the cubic feet of air per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Rose Valley, PA
Substantial costs may arise from significant leaks in the ducts. The NJ Residential Building Code mandates that newly erected residences adhere to a duct leakage rate of 8 CFM25 or less per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this set limit may result in:
- Failed inspections: Homes with significant duct leakage might struggle final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially necessitating expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific areas in New Jersey, fines are now applicable to homes that surpass the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Leaky ducts could lead to an average yearly energy waste expense of $180-$550 for homeowners in Rose Valley, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Investing in duct leakage testing is a relatively affordable choice when compared to the potential expenses of neglecting the issue. A thorough duct leakage test in Rose Valley, PA is economical. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Taking immediate action on duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Achieve consistent temperatures across your entire home and eliminate drafts and hot spots.
- Bring Down energy bills: Save money on utility bills by lowering your overall energy consumption.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Experience easier and more comfortable breathing with the presence of cleaner air in your home.
- Increase home value: A home’s appeal to potential buyers is positively impacted when it passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the essential role of ductwork efficiency in homes situated in Rose Valley, PA. We offer thorough duct leakage testing services to guarantee your home meets necessary standards and operates at peak efficiency. We also offer expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions to minimize leaks, intending to maximize your comfort and savings.
Safeguard your comfort and energy efficiency by addressing the issue of leaky ducts promptly.
Contact Local Energy Audits today to schedule your duct leakage evaluation. Breathe easily, trim costs, and savor a home that’s genuinely comfortable and energy-efficient.
Duct leakage testing starts by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. During this process, a nanometer can be used to measure the duct leakage.