Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Shillington, PA
The vital ductwork that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is important for ensuring optimal HVAC performance. But, the escape of conditioned air through leaks in the ducts can affect your home’s comfort and efficiency. Substantial outcomes emerge from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperature levels, temperature variations, and drafts emerge from ducts with leaks, causing your home to feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, despite the HVAC system functioning properly.
- Higher energy bills: Ducts with leaks oblige your HVAC system to operate with increased intensity to sustain desired temperatures, causing a rise in energy consumption and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks may also attract particles from the outside environment, jeopardizing the quality of your indoor air and potentially causing allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing offers a clear-cut yet potent means of detecting and quantifying air leaks in your ductwork. A certified specialist employs a blower door and specialized tools to pressurize the duct system, measuring the quantity of air that escapes. The test results are communicated as CFM25, denoting the cubic feet of air per minute escaping under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Shillington, PA
The cost implications of significant leaks in the ducts can be significant. In compliance with the NJ Residential Building Code, new dwellings are obligated to maintain a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Surpassing this designated limit can lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes with significant duct leakage might struggle final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially necessitating expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Some municipalities in New Jersey have started enforcing fines on residences that go beyond the established duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Leaky ducts could lead to an average yearly energy waste expense of $180-$550 for homeowners in Shillington, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The cost of duct leakage testing is relatively low compared to the potential financial consequences of ignoring the problem. A inclusive duct leakage test in Shillington, PA is affordable. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Swiftly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Enjoy even temperatures throughout your living space and eliminate drafts and hot spots.
- Lower energy bills: Conserve energy and see a reduction in your utility expenses.
- Refine indoor air quality: Enhance the air quality in your living space, making it easier for you to breathe comfortably.
- Boost home value: Prospective buyers are more inclined to consider homes that achieve success in a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, the significance of ductwork efficiency in homes within Shillington, PA is well understood. Providing comprehensive services for duct leakage testing, we ensure your home meets the required standards and operates optimally. Additionally, we offer expert advice regarding duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to reduce leaks and enhance both your comfort and savings.
Secure your comfort and energy efficiency by dealing with the challenge of leaky ducts.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now to schedule your duct leakage evaluation. Breathe comfortably, trim expenses, and savor a home that’s truly comfortable and energy-efficient.
Duct leakage testing begins by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can utilize the nanometer to measure the duct leakage.