Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Stevens, PA
The network of duct pipes that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is vital for optimal HVAC performance. But, the escape of conditioned air from leaky ducts can affect both the comfort and efficiency of your home. The consequences of this leakage are considerable:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperatures, along with temperature inconsistencies and drafts, result from leaky ducts, making your home feel either stuffy or chilly, despite the HVAC system working as intended.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a rise in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks can also pull in contaminants from outdoors, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage provides an simple yet effective means of identifying and measuring air leaks in your ductwork. A skilled professional uses a blower door and specialized tools to build pressure in the duct system, quantifying the volume of air leakage. CFM25 is employed to convey the test results, indicating the cubic feet of air per minute escaping at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Stevens, PA
The cost implications of significant leaks in the ducts can be considerable. As dictated by the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Surpassing this designated limit can lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage may run into issues in passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially requiring costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain New Jersey municipalities, fines are now being imposed on residences that exceed the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Leaky ducts could lead to an average yearly energy waste expense of $180-$550 for homeowners in Stevens, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing represents a relatively low-cost solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The cost of a comprehensive duct leakage test in Stevens, PA is quite economical. Nonetheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and enhanced comfort far outweigh the initial investment.
Quickly dealing with duct leaks enables you to:
- Improve home comfort: Ensure uniform warmth throughout your entire home and bid farewell to drafts and heat irregularities.
- Reduce energy bills: Optimize your energy consumption for savings on utility bills.
- Improve indoor air quality: Experience easier and more comfortable breathing with the presence of cleaner air in your home.
- Raise home value: A housethat passes a duct leakage test becomes more appealing to potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
In Stevens, PA residences, Local Energy Audits recognizes the importance of ductwork efficiency. Our comprehensive duct leakage testing services aim to ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak. We also provide expert recommendations on duct sealing and repair solutions, striving to minimize leaks and optimize your comfort and savings.
Secure your comfort and energy efficiency by dealing with the challenge of leaky ducts.
Contact Local Energy Audits today and coordinate your duct leakage examination. Breathe with ease, save money, and enjoy a truly comfortable and energy-effective home.
Duct leakage testing initiates by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be used to measure the duct leakage.