Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Swedesboro, NJ
Efficient heating and cooling is tied to the smooth operation of ductwork, which circulates conditioned air throughout your home. But, despite the reduction of comfort and efficiency, leaky ducts enable the escape of precious conditioned air. Substantial repercussions stem from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Inconsistent temperature levels, hot and cold spots, and drafts emerge from ducts with leaks, causing your home to feel either stuffy or chilly, despite the HVAC system functioning properly.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts necessitate your HVAC system to put in extra work to uphold desired temperatures, causing a surge in energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts might also attract particles from the outside environment, jeopardizing the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage is a clear-cut yet potent method to recognize and measure air leaks within your duct system. An Expert technician employs a blower door and specialized equipment to create pressure within the duct system, measuring the quantity of escaping air. Test outcomes are communicated as CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that leaks at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Swedesboro, NJ
The financial consequences of significant leaks in the ducts can be considerable. As dictated by the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate that does not surpass 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this lmit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Residences exhibiting notable duct leakage could encounter challenges passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Certain municipalities in New Jersey have started implementing fines for residences that exceed the specified duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks might result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Swedesboro, NJ.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Investing in duct leakage testing is a relatively affordable choice when compared to the potential expenses of neglecting the issue. The average expense for a comprehensive duct leakage test in Swedesboro, NJ is relatively reasonably priced. Nevertheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and enhanced comfort far surpass the initial investment.
Swiftly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Maintain consistent temperatures in every room of your home, saying goodbye to drafts and heat irregularities.
- Lower energy bills: Minimize your energy consumption to save money on your utility bills.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Breathe more comfortably as the air circulating in your home becomes cleaner.
- Increase home value: Prospective buyers are more likely to be interested in homes that pass a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we are aware of the importance of efficient ductwork in Swedesboro, NJ homes. To ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak, we provide comprehensive duct leakage testing services. Furthermore, we extend expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions to minimize leaks, elevating your comfort levels and maximizing savings.
Take action to prevent leaky ducts from undermining your comfort and energy efficiency.
Contact Local Energy Audits today and coordinate your duct leakage examination. Breathe with ease, save money, and enjoy a truly comfortable and energy-effective home.
Duct leakage testing begins by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, link the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be utilized to measure the duct leakage.