Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Tamaqua, PA
The vital system of ducts that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is important for achieving optimal HVAC performance. But, with leaky ducts, valuable conditioned air is free to escape, impacting the comfort and efficiency of your home. This leakage leads to significant consequences:
- Discomfort: Ducts with leaks result in inconsistent temperatures, creating hot and cold spots and drafts, causing your home to feel either uncomfortably warm or cool, even with a properly working HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts oblige your HVAC system to operate with increased intensity to sustain desired temperatures, causing a increase in energy consumption and higher utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: The presence of ducts with leaks may result in the intake of dust, pollen, and other outdoor pollutants, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially provoking allergies and respiratory issues.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage is a clear-cut yet efficient method to identify and measure air leaks within your duct system. A certified specialist uses a blower door and specialized equipment to pressurize the duct system, gauging the amount of air that is leaking. The results of the test are represented in CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Tamaqua, PA
Substantial expenses can be associated with significant leaks in the ducts. The NJ Residential Building Code stipulates that newly erected dwellings must meet a duct leakage rate of 8 CFM25 or less per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this specified limit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes displaying excessive duct leakage could run into issues in passing final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially prompting costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific areas in New Jersey, fines are now being imposed on residences that exceed the prescribed duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Leaky ducts could lead to an average yearly energy waste expense of $180-$550 for homeowners in Tamaqua, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
The expense of duct leakage testing is relatively low in contrast to the potential financial impacts of ignoring the issue. The thorough cost of a duct leakage test in Tamaqua, PA is modest. Despite this, the long-term savings in energy costs and heightened comfort greatly exceed the initial investment.
Taking immediate action on duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Revel in steady temperatures across your living space, eliminating both drafts and hot spots.
- Reduce energy bills: Decrease your energy usage to save money on your monthly utility bills.
- Improve indoor air quality: Improve the quality of the air you breathe by allowing cleaner air to circulate in your home.
- Elevate home value: A home’s appeal to potential buyers is positively impacted when it passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Tamaqua, PA homes. Offering extensive duct leakage testing services, we ensure your home meets the necessary standards and functions optimally. We also offer expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions to minimize leaks, intending to maximize your comfort and savings.
Don’t allow leaky ducts to compromise the comfort and energy efficiency of your space.
Connect with Local Energy Audits today and plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing initiates by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
After sealing off the registers, connect the duct tester to either the unit itself or a main return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can utilize the nanometer to get a reading of the duct leakage.