Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Temple, PA
The vital ductwork that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is key for ensuring optimal HVAC performance. But, despite the compromise in comfort and efficiency, leaky ducts enable the escape of precious conditioned air. Remarkable results result from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Uneven temperatures, hot and cold spots, and drafts emerge from leaky ducts, causing your home to feel either stuffy or chilly, despite the HVAC system functioning properly.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks can also bring in dust, pollen, and other outdoor contaminants, posing a threat to the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing is a clear-cut yet efficient technique for discovering and quantifying air leaks in your duct system. An experienced technician employs a blower door and specialized tools to build pressure in the duct system and measure the airflow escaping. The results of the test are conveyed in CFM25, illustrating the cubic feet of air per minute that leaks at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Temple, PA
The financial impact of excessive duct leakage can be notable. As outlined in the NJ Residential Building Code, newly constructed residences must meet a duct leakage rate of no more than 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Breaking this specified limit may lead to:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage may face challenges passing final inspections, leading to delays in occupancy and possibly demanding costly duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In specific New Jersey municipalities, fines are being enforced for homes that surpass the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks can result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Temple, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Investing in duct leakage testing is a relatively affordable choice when compared to the potential expenses of neglecting the issue. The comprehensive cost for a duct leakage test in Temple, PA is relatively affordable. Despite this, the long-term savings in energy costs and improved comfort far exceed the initial investment.
Addressing duct leaks promptly affords you the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Experience consistent temperatures in every room, saying goodbye to drafts and hot spots.
- Bring Down energy bills: Reduce your energy usage and cut down on your utility expenses.
- Refine indoor air quality: Enhance your breathing environment with the circulation of cleaner air in your living space.
- Raise home value: A housethat passes a duct leakage test becomes more appealing to potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we grasp the significance of efficient ductwork in Temple, PA residences. Providing comprehensive services for duct leakage testing, we ensure your home meets the required standards and operates optimally. Moreover, our expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions is designed to minimize leaks and maximize both your comfort and savings.
Ensure your comfort and energy efficiency are not compromised by addressing leaky ducts.
Get in touch with Local Energy Audits today to plan your duct leakage test. Breathe effortlessly, reduce expenses, and experience a genuinely comfortable and energy-saving home.
Duct leakage testing initiates by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. While depressurized, a nanometer can be used to measure the duct leakage.