Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Tennent, NJ
The crucial ductwork that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is important for maintaining optimal HVAC performance. But, nevertheless, with leaky ducts, there is a chance of precious conditioned air slipping away, affecting the comfort and efficiency of your home. Remarkable results arise from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Uneven temperatures, temperature variations, and drafts manifest due to ducts with leaks, causing your home to feel either stuffy or chilly, even though the HVAC system is functioning correctly.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Leaky ducts might also attract dust, pollen, and other outdoor contaminants, jeopardizing the indoor air quality and potentially causing allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Testing for duct leakage is a clear-cut yet effective way to discover and measure air leaks within your duct system. An experienced technician uses a blower door and specialized equipment to build pressure in the duct system, gauging the amount of air that is leaking. Test outcomes are presented in CFM25, indicating the volume of air in cubic feet per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Tennent, NJ
Substantial expenses can be associated with excessive duct leakage. The NJ Residential Building Code stipulates that newly erected dwellings must meet a duct leakage rate of 8 CFM25 or less per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this set limit may result in:
- Failed inspections: Homes with excessive duct leakage might struggle passing final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Certain localities in New Jersey have started enforcing fines on homes that go beyond the established duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Leaky ducts could lead to an average annual energy waste expense of $180-$550 for homeowners in Tennent, NJ.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing presents a relatively economical solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The cost of a precise duct leakage test in Tennent, NJ is on the affordable side. Nonetheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and enhanced comfort far outweigh the initial investment.
Taking swift action to fix duct leaks enables you to:
- Improve home comfort: Experience uniform temperatures in every corner of your home and bid farewell to drafts and heat inconsistencies.
- Bring Down energy bills: Conserve energy to witness a reduction in your utility expenses.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Enjoy a more refreshing atmosphere with cleaner air flowing through your home.
- Raise home value: Potential buyers find a home more enticing when it successfully passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we are aware of the importance of efficient ductwork in Tennent, NJ homes. Our comprehensive services for duct leakage testing are designed to ensure your home meets required standards and functions optimally. In addition, we provide expert recommendations for duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and enhance your comfort and savings.
Ensure your comfort and energy efficiency are not compromised by addressing leaky ducts.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now and plan your duct leakage test. Enjoy easy breathing, financial savings, and a truly comfortable and energy-efficient home.
Duct leakage testing starts by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be used to assess the duct leakage.