Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Wallingford, PA
The vital network of duct pipes that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is key for achieving optimal HVAC performance. But, the escape of conditioned air from leaky ducts can compromise both the comfort and efficiency of your home. Significant outcomes arise from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Uneven temperature levels, along with hot and cold spots and drafts, are the outcome of leaky ducts, resulting in your home feeling either stuffy or chilly, even with a well-functioning HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts make it necessary for your HVAC system to work more rigorously in sustaining desired temperatures, resulting in increased energy consumption and elevated utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks have the potential to draw in particles from the outside environment, putting your indoor air quality at risk and potentially leading to allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An easy yet potent method to uncover and assess air leaks in your ductwork is through duct leakage testing. An experienced technician employs a blower door and specialized tools to build pressure in the duct system and measure the airflow escaping. The test results are represented in CFM25, specifying the cubic feet of air per minute that escapes under a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Wallingford, PA
Excessive duct leakage can result in significant expenses. According to the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate of no more than 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this limit can result in:
- Failed inspections: Houses displaying significant duct leakage might encounter challenges final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially necessitating expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain New Jersey municipalities, fines are being imposed on residences that exceed the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: The presence of leaky ducts may incur an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Wallingford, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing represents a relatively affordable solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The cost of a inclusive duct leakage test in Wallingford, PA is quite economical. Nonetheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and enhanced comfort far outweigh the initial investment.
Taking swift action on duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Achieve consistent temperatures across your entire home and eliminate drafts and hot spots.
- Reduce energy bills: Bring down your energy usage and revel in reduced utility expenses.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Enjoy a cleaner and fresher atmosphere that promotes easier breathing at home.
- Raise home value: A home’s appeal to potential buyers is positively impacted when it passes a duct leakage test.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
In Wallingford, PA residences, Local Energy Audits recognizes the importance of ductwork efficiency. We are committed to providing comprehensive duct leakage testing services, ensuring your home meets the required standards and functions at peak performance. Additionally, we provide expert recommendations for duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and optimize your comfort and savings.
Take measures to prevent leaky ducts from jeopardizing your comfort and energy efficiency.
Reach out to Local Energy Audits now to schedule your duct leakage evaluation. Breathe comfortably, trim expenses, and savor a home that’s truly comfortable and energy-efficient.
Duct leakage testing starts by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. While depressurized, a nanometer can be used to assess the duct leakage.