Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in West Lawn, PA
Maximized HVAC efficiency is dependent on the effective operation of ductwork, which circulates conditioned air throughout your home. But, with leaky ducts, precious conditioned air slips away, compromising your home’s comfort and efficiency. The effects of this leakage are significant:
- Discomfort: Leaky ducts contribute to temperature inconsistencies, variations, and drafts, causing your home to feel either stuffy or chilly, even when the HVAC system is in good working order.
- Higher energy bills: The presence of leaks in the ducts demands that your HVAC system works harder to maintain desired temperatures, leading to heightened energy usage and higher utility costs.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks can also pull in dust, pollen, and other outdoor impurities, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An uncomplicated yet efficient method to uncover and assess air leaks in your ductwork is through duct leakage testing. A skilled specialist uses a blower door and specialized tools to pressurize the duct system and assess the amount of air that escapes. Results from the test are presented in CFM25, indicating the volume of air in cubic feet per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in West Lawn, PA
Significant leaks in the ducts may incur notable expenses. In accordance with the NJ Residential Building Code, newly constructed homes are required to maintain a duct leakage rate of no more than 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going over this limit can result in:
- Failed inspections: Homes with notable duct leakage could face difficulties passing final inspections, causing delays in occupancy and potentially requiring expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: Certain municipalities in New Jersey have started implementing fines for homes that exceed the specified duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Homeowners in West Lawn, PA may face an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 due to leaky ducts.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing presents a relatively budget-friendly solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. A detailed duct leakage test in West Lawn, PA is relatively low-cost. Yet, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Addressing duct leaks promptly provides the opportunity to:
- Improve home comfort: Achieve steady temperatures across your entire home and wave goodbye to drafts and warm spots.
- Bring Down energy bills: Trim down your energy consumption to decrease expenses on utility bills.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Enjoy a cleaner and fresher atmosphere that promotes easier breathing at home.
- Boost home value: A residence with a favorable duct leakage test outcome is more attractive to potential purchasers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the essential role of ductwork efficiency in homes situated in West Lawn, PA. Our services encompass comprehensive duct leakage testing, ensuring that your home adheres to required standards and functions optimally. We also provide expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions, intending to minimize leaks and optimize your comfort and savings.
Safeguard your comfort and energy efficiency by dealing with the issue of leaky ducts.
Connect with Local Energy Audits today to schedule your duct leakage evaluation. Breathe comfortably, trim expenses, and savor a home that’s truly comfortable and energy-efficient.
Duct leakage testing begins by closing off all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
After sealing the registers, attach the duct tester to either the unit or a main return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can use the nanometer to measure the duct leakage.