Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Woodlyn, PA
The essential system of ducts that distributes conditioned air throughout your home is key for maintaining optimal HVAC performance. But, leaky ducts permit the loss of valuable conditioned air, influencing both the comfort and efficiency of your home. Noteworthy consequences are connected to this leakage:
- Discomfort: Duct leaks create uneven temperatures, variations, and drafts, giving your home a sense of stuffiness or chilliness, even with a properly operational HVAC system.
- Higher energy bills: The existence of leaks in your ductwork compels your HVAC system to intensify efforts in maintaining desired temperatures, leading to escalated energy consumption and higher utility expenses.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks have the capacity to draw in contaminants from outdoors, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory problems.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
An straightforward yet impactful approach to identify and measure air leaks in your ductwork is through testing for duct leakage. A qualified professional employs a blower door and specialized equipment to build pressure in the duct system, quantifying the volume of air leakage. CFM25 is used to express the results of the test, signifying the amount of cubic feet of air per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Woodlyn, PA
Considerable expenses may arise from excessive duct leakage. The NJ Residential Building Code mandates that newly erected residences adhere to a duct leakage rate of 8 CFM25 or less per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Going over this limit can result in:
- Failed inspections: Homes with excessive duct leakage might encounter difficulties in passing final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially prompting expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain areas in New Jersey, fines are being enforced for residences that surpass the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: The presence of leaky ducts may incur an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Woodlyn, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Opting for duct leakage testing is a relatively affordable investment in comparison to the potential costs associated with overlooking the issue. A comprehensive duct leakage test in Woodlyn, PA is affordable. However, the long-term savings in energy costs and increased comfort significantly outweigh the initial investment.
Swiftly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Revel in steady temperatures across your living space, eliminating both drafts and hot spots.
- Bring Down energy bills: Save money on utility bills by lowering your overall energy consumption.
- Improve indoor air quality: Experience easier and more comfortable breathing with the presence of cleaner air in your home.
- Elevate home value: A residence that passes a duct leakage test is more likely to catch the interest of potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Companion in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we comprehend the importance of ductwork efficiency in Woodlyn, PA homes. Our comprehensive duct leakage testing services aim to ensure your home meets required standards and operates at its peak. We also provide expert guidance on duct sealing and repair solutions, intending to minimize leaks and optimize your comfort and savings.
Don’t allow leaky ducts to impact your comfort and energy efficiency—take proactive measures.
Contact Local Energy Audits today and plan your duct leakage test. Enjoy easy breathing, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing begins by shutting all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the distribution and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are depressurized to 25 Pascals. In this state, a nanometer can be used to measure the duct leakage.