Why Duct Leakage Testing Matters in Wycombe, PA
Ductwork that conveys conditioned air throughout your home is vital for optimal HVAC performance. But, with leaky ducts, valuable conditioned air is able to escape, affecting the comfort and efficiency of your home. Significant repercussions arise from this leakage:
- Discomfort: Ducts with leaks contribute to uneven temperatures, variations, and drafts, causing your home to feel either stuffy or chilly, even when the HVAC system is in good working order.
- Higher energy bills: Leaky ducts make it necessary for your HVAC system to work more rigorously in sustaining desired temperatures, resulting in increased energy consumption and elevated utility bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: Ducts with leaks can also pull in dust, pollen, and other outdoor impurities, compromising the indoor air quality and potentially triggering allergies and respiratory challenges.
Duct Leakage Testing: A Proactive Approach
Duct leakage testing is a straightforward yet effective way to identify and measure air leaks within your duct system. An expert technician uses a blower door and specialized tools to build pressure in the duct system and assess the amount of air that escapes. The test results are presented in CFM25, indicating the volume of air in cubic feet per minute leaking at a pressure of 25 Pascals.
Cost of Ignoring Duct Leakage in Wycombe, PA
Excessive duct leakage can result in significant expenses. According to the NJ Residential Building Code, newly built residences must adhere to a duct leakage rate of no more than 8 CFM25 per 100 square feet of conditioned space. Exceeding this set limit may result in:
- Failed inspections: Houses with excessive duct leakage might fail to pass final inspections, resulting in delays in occupancy and potentially prompting expensive duct repairs.
- Financial penalties: In certain areas in New Jersey, fines are being enforced for homes that surpass the designated duct leakage limit.
- Wasted energy: Ducts with leaks might result in an average annual energy waste cost of $180-$550 for homeowners in Wycombe, PA.
Investing in Peace of Mind and Savings
Duct leakage testing represents a relatively affordable solution when considering the potential costs of neglecting the problem. The typical cost for a thorough duct leakage test in Wycombe, PA is relatively inexpensive. Nevertheless, the long-term savings in energy costs and improved comfort far surpass the initial investment.
Quickly resolving duct leaks allows you to:
- Improve home comfort: Encounter uniform warmth in your entire home, saying farewell to drafts and hot areas.
- Bring Down energy bills: Use less energy to cut costs on your utility bills.
- Refine indoor air quality: Experience better air quality and easier breathing as cleaner air circulates in your home.
- Increase home value: A successful duct leakage test enhances the desirability of a home for potential buyers.
Local Energy Audits: Your Partner in Ductwork Efficiency
At Local Energy Audits, we acknowledge the essential role of ductwork efficiency in homes situated in Wycombe, PA. Our services encompass comprehensive duct leakage testing, ensuring that your home adheres to required standards and functions optimally. Additionally, we offer expert advice on duct sealing and repair solutions, aiming to minimize leaks and maximize both your comfort and savings.
Take measures to prevent leaky ducts from jeopardizing your comfort and energy efficiency.
Contact Local Energy Audits today and plan your duct leakage test. Enjoy easy breathing, save money, and relish a truly comfortable and energy-efficient residence.
Duct leakage testing initiates by sealing all the ducts and registers with duct mask tape on both the supply and return side.
Once the registers are sealed, fasten the duct tester to either the unit or a primary return.
The ducts are then depressurized to a Pascal of 25. With the while depressurized we can utilize the nanometer to measure the duct leakage.